When you decide to add a dog into your family, they automatically become part of it. Therefore, you should strive to treat your dog well and with lots of love. Leaving your dog behind even if it is for a short period of time can really be painful. However, activities such as camping can allow you to carry your dog with less effort.
In order to enjoy camping with your dog, there are certain things you need to put in place to ensure both of you are comfortable. They include:
- Getting a dog-friendly campsite
- Creating enough space for your dog in the car
- Packing enough basic things for dog’s comfort during the trip.
In as much as camping with your dog may seem easy, we have come up with a clear guide that will make it even simpler and fun for both of you. Read on!
Finding a Dog-Friendly Camping Site
So what exactly is a dog-friendly campsite? Many people tend to forget that their dogs also need to enjoy the camping trip in the same way they do. When looking for a campsite, you should consider that the nearby facilities and amenities accept pets. For example, there are those shorelines or even pathways that do not allow pets.
So, before booking your trek, ensure that the site will give you the freedom to enjoy your camping with dog without any limitations. It is also important for you to carry the best hammock
for camping with dogs.
By this way, you will both have enough space and also get protected from the weather. It is very easy for you to choose best items, by visiting new adventure camping.
Your pet’s well-being and security is also essential. Therefore, you will need to put the following factors into consideration in order to achieve this
- Ensure your dog is warm during the evenings. As we all know, dogs tend to shroud when they get cold. You can do this by carrying enough covers or even doggie sweaters.
- Ensure your dog eats additional loads of calories especially if you have an active day.
- Have your resources in a proper stake-out and check it regularly to ensure that it is safe enough for your dog.
- Ensure you carry additional chains and collars with you. This will give you the freedom to exercise your dog without necessarily worrying about the length or even the strength of a collar.
- Can you make a doggie camping sack? This is very important in both well-being and security of your dog. You can, in turn, put collars, rope, bedding, tie out stake in the camping sack.
Traveling with your dog
Well, traveling to the campsite is likely to include a drive. It may be a short or a long one depending on where the site is. However, it is important that your dog is ok enough to go on the trip.
Even as you drive to the campsite, it is very crucial that you observe the highway codes. Ensure that the dog is controlled so that they do not distract you while driving or even harm you or themselves when you make a rapid stop during the drive.
You can take care of your dog’s safety by getting him a safety belt, a pet transporter or even a dog pen. This will limit the pet while moving to ensure they are very secure. All these items can, of course, be bought in your nearest pet store.
You can also plan to have breaks whenever in doubt. This may not be more than 20 30 minutes but can be very helpful to the dog. It will give them enough time to stretch their legs and make themselves more comfortable during the ride.
What to Bring Camping With the Dog?
A lead is one of the most essential things to carry when camping with a dog. It may not be easy to tell how the dog will react to a new environment perhaps with other new dogs around. This is where a quality lead comes in handy. If you are hoping to go for numerous strolls, a lead definitely got you covered!
In addition, you can bring some of dog’s bedding and toys so that they are able to have something they are familiar with
Also, ensure that your dog is at all times nourished and watered to avoid hydration. This means that the campsite should have enough running water and camping chairs all through so that you and your dog are comfortable. In fact, you can also bring your own bottles just to be on the safe side.
How to Manage the Dog Camping
When you take a dog camping, there is so much you can achieve especially if your family is with you. For instance, you can stroll with him/her along the shoreline, trek and even play at the site All these activities are really fun and family-engaging.
Going camping with a dog may seem quite tough for some people but if you enjoy camping then there’s nothing hard. So long as you follow our guide, you will have lots of fun with your dog and the entire family. However, there are some additional tips for camping with the dog. They Include:
- Always clean up after your dog to avoid getting a fine that could be up to 1000 euro
- Create a portable shelter early. In fact, you can do this right at your backyard so that your pet gets used to it and its smell.
- Always visit the vet before leaving for a camp trip just to ensure that your dog is fit to travel. You can also pack inoculation records for your dog’s well-being. Also, it is advantageous to know if there are vets around the campsite just in case something goes wrong.
- Carry a medical unit for your dog with a vet’s number and inoculation records. You can as well add anything you may need in case of a medical emergency.
- Keep your dog secure whenever you are busy. For instance, when you are cooking or eating, ensure you carry something to have him to grappled in the ground.